Shop by Brand:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What size mattress to buy?
When shopping for a mattress, one of the first decisions you need to make is what size mattress you will purchase. Mattresses are broken down into the following sizes:
- Twin-size mattress: A twin is 75 inches by 39 inches and is the ideal choice for children, teens, and youth.
- Twin XL size mattress: An XL twin is 80 inches by 39 inches. This size offers a little bit of additional length for taller youth.
- Full-size mattress: Full-size mattresses measure 75 inches by 54 inches. They are a great choice for young adults, college students, and small guest rooms.
- Queen mattresses: Queen mattresses are 80 inches by 60 inches, making them the perfect upgrade for those seeking a little extra room each night. Queens are a good choice for single sleepers or couples.
- King-size mattresses: For the ultimate luxury and comfort, a king-size mattress is a perfect pick. Measuring 80 inches by 76 inches, a king-size bed will allow couples to sleep comfortably, as well as provide extra room for furry family members to share the bed.
- California king-size mattresses: For those who want the luxury of a king but prefer a little more width, these mattresses measure 84 inches by 72 inches. Similar to a king, they are a good choice for couples and those who share their bed with their pets.
What types of mattresses are best?
When choosing a mattress, you might wonder, which type are the best mattresses? The answer depends a lot on your personal comfort preferences. The following are common types of mattresses and the support they offer:
- Memory foam: These are a soft, comforting choice ideal for those with back or joint pain.
- Innerspring: Innerspring mattresses provide extra support, ideal for stomach and back sleepers.
- Hybrid: Combining the best of memory foam and innerspring, a hybrid is a perfect fit for any sleep position.
How can you tell when you need a new mattress?
If you are wondering whether or not it is time to replace your mattress, the following are all top signs that you need to swap out your old mattress for a new pick:
- Your mattress is sagging.
- You can’t get comfortable at night.
- You wake up with a backache.
- Your mattress is making your allergies worse.
- Your mattress has a strange odor.
- Your mattress is visibly damaged or torn.